I think I know a little about how Vladimir and Estragon felt. It seems all I’m doing right now is waiting for news. And waiting. And waiting.
Take WordCamp San Francisco. I submitted my speaker proposal back in April. Submissions were due May 1. For some reason (and I could be wrong about this) I thought we were supposed to hear yea or nay by May 15. It’s now mid-June, six short weeks before the camp itself, and as far as I know, no speaker applicant has been informed as to whether they were accepted or not.